beenwaitinginvain

I am waiting happily with HIM and for HIM :)

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

super late

we were all very tired last night from the very long walk around chinatown(will create a different post for this) that i woke up very late this morning. adding insult to the injury is i don't have pants for use so i have to iron one after taking a bath. i thought i can afford leaving the haus around 845 and take the train but i was wrong. it was already 9am when we left the haus. we were waiting for taxi for almost 15minutes, so soi told me to just call for one. the operator told me to wait for 5 minutes, and around 2 minutes after making the call, i received a call which i assumed is the driver. i was right. it was the driver confirming where i am waiting.

the taxi arrived minutes later. he is an old chinese, with white hair. he said his name is albert c*a*. i can remember it well i guess because it is similar to my tatay's boss family name ehehe. upon sitting, he greeted me with "magandang umaga". I just smiled and greeted a good morning back at him. he started chatting and i felt comfortable talking to him. he said he learned tagalog from a pinay maid of his sister. from then i forgot that it is almost 930 and i am still not in the office hehe

then he asked me if i knew matt monroe. together with my "yes" as an answer to his question i remembered my father. he asked me if i am familiar with "Born Free" by Matt Monroe. I said yes and he said, "let me sing you a song". A romantic love song as what he called it. Without hesitation, and without my permission, he turned on his cd to play Matt Monroe's music. Not that I would disagree of course. I wouldn't mind listening to him anyway. As he sing this song:

Portrait of my love

There could never be a portrait of my love
For nobody could paint a dream
You will never see a portrait of my love
For miracles are never seen.

Anyone who sees her, soon forgets the Mona Lisa

It would take I know, a Michaelangelo
And he would need the glow of dawn that paints the sky above
To try and paint a portrait of my love

It would take I know, a Michaelangelo
And he would need the glow of dawn that paints the sky above,
To try and paint a portrait of my love


I was smiling because he really reminded me of my father. tatay would always ask me to buy him a cd of Matt Monroe or songs similar to his. when he had a player that has a mic input, he asked me to buy him a vcd of Matt Monroe and on special days or just on normal days, he would play those cds and sing with it.

Uncle has a good voice. He sings really well actually. After the song, he told me he was featured on several newspapers and on several TV shows. He even mentioned that there is one coming from National Geographic but they still don't know the date yet. As we are approaching the last block to the office, we were caught in a jam, so he told me he wanted to sing yet another song for me. He chose this one:

"Love Is A Many Splendid Thing"

It's the April rose that only grows in the early Spring.
Love is nature's way of give a reason to be living:
The golden crown that makes man a king.
Once on a high and windy hill,
In the morning mist, two lovers kissed,
And the world stood still.
Then your fingers touched my silent heart and taught it how to sing.
Yes, true love's a many-splendoured thing!

Once on a high and windy hill,
In the morning mist, two lovers kissed,
And the world stood still.
Then your fingers touched my silent heart and taught it how to sing.
Yes, true love's a many-splendoured thing!

He finished the song just in time we are about to enter the gate. It was also the time that I realized again that I was late hahaha. As he dropped me off our lobby, I smiled at him and told him that he made me smile with his songs and he reminded me of my tatay.

He was glad and we wished each other a good day.

Honestly, it gave me a good start for the day. I even posted it as a status message.

However! hehehe soi went online and was intrigued by my status. he asked me who did it to me. selos? =p seriously though, he does not like it. hehehe I just can't stop laughing because it was really nothing for me. and, this is just one of the rare cases that he does this =p

seriously, he really thought the uncle was flirting with me! I told him he is just like a father to me, but still he insisted that the man was flirting. Well he was not able to hear the whole story yet and maybe was surprised by my status, so there. My bad because I did not told me. I don’t have that much time either because we just both arrived at the office =p I was suppose to blog about this right after i arrive at the office but it gave me a second thought coz it might piss him more. but he is okay now. i just told him that the man was harmless, really. well for me at least. he will not have those good articles in the newspaper if he is a bad man right? if ever he is flirting, i dont think i would tolerate it as well. he just reminds me of my tatay that's why i loved listening to him. i was even teary eyed because i remembered tatay would sing it to nanay and lambing her.

but really, it was sweet of him to do it. he mentioned he keeps on doing it to his passenger even to a small kid, and to a mom with kids. maybe soi was just acting "overprotective" as how he puts it =p i can't blame him also :D a man singing to a girl is really something. that's why truly love it when i am taking my sweet time dressing up, and he would wait outside, playing some songs on the guitar, and when i come out he would sing for me ;)

Yes, true love's a many-splendoured thing!

=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home